The debate over whether to have an indoor or outdoor wedding has vocal proponents for each side. Brides pining for an outdoor wedding likely have visions of getting married under a blue sky surrounded by lush foliage and blooming flowers. Brides who prefer an indoor wedding may have been dreaming of an elegant ballroom complete with crystal chandeliers.
In lovely Houston, Texas where the temperatures are moderate throughout spring, summer and fall, the combination of an indoor/outdoor wedding would allow for the best of both worlds. In spring, thunderstorms are common, and summer is filled with scattered showers. Incorporating indoor and outdoor elements means you don’t have to worry about the weather ruining your special day.
Benefits of a Combination Indoor and Outdoor Wedding
An indoor/outdoor wedding allows you to incorporate elements of each to create a memorable day for you and your guests.
Benefits of Outdoor Weddings:
- Fresh air
- Natural, picture-perfect lighting
- Gorgeous scenery serves as your backdrop and requires less decorating
Benefits of Indoor Weddings
- Climate control – you’ll never have to worry about being too hot or too cold, or inclement weather such as unexpected downpours.
- Noise control – an indoor venue provides better sound acoustics.
A combination indoor/outdoor wedding allows you to be more flexible when planning your day from ceremony to dance and also creates a more open area for guests to walk around and mingle.
Indoor/ Outdoor Wedding Planning Tips
- Bring the outdoors inside by incorporating natural elements throughout the décor such as branches, potted plants and of course flowers.
- Create open walkways that allow guests to flow freely from the interior to the exterior without heavy doors blocking the way.
- Consider using heaters to keep guests warm if you plan on having outdoor events during the evening which can cool down considerably.
Combining Outdoor Beauty with Indoor Elegance at Chateau Polonez
Chateau Polonez is a unique European-inspired Houston wedding venue with lush grounds situated next to a lake, a welcoming fireplace courtyard and a relaxed bistro atmosphere at the back terrace. Inside, the elegant two story ballroom is perfect for first dances.
Here’s a sample of a combined indoor/outdoor wedding:
- Get married under a Wisteria-entwined gazebo situated next to a shimmering lake and lush greenery.
- The gorgeous natural scenery creates an ideal backdrop for photos and the outdoors provides ample natural lighting.
- The grand double staircase at the back terrace invokes the look and feel of a European bistro and is a perfect place to relax with a few drinks.
- Dinner and dance. Come indoors as the evening temperatures drop and enjoy the splendor of the grand two-storey ballroom complete with elegant chandeliers. Dine in comfort and dance the night away.
With careful planning, your indoor and outdoor wedding will be a day you and your guests won’t soon forget. Call Chateau Polonez today at 281-655-5656 to get the process started or visit our contact page.